Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > Suggestions

Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 AM
piratesavvy

Default iphone app of Castle Age

So I would LOVE it if this application was compatible with the iphone. I got one about a week ago and there are a couple of games on it like castle age but in my opinion not as good. (This is the only facebook game that's managed to get me to spend money. Curse you Illusia!! LOL)

Because I can access the internet, I can play Castle Age on the phone but it's difficult because for some reason my keyboard keeps popping up when I click on things and the facebook bottom bar glitches right through the middle of the webpage.

Made trying to kill the dragon my friend summoned more difficult than it had to be waiting for things to reload and trying to figure out how much Stam I had left since for some reason it didn't always show an accurate number.

Anyway like I said, if there were an app that synced up with your facebook info it would make it way easier and I'd love to be able to play it on the go.

Or if not that, maybe at least look into making this application a little more user friendly on mobile phones.

Thanks for your time!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Castle Age Scholar

I would like to second this. I am currently typing this from my iPod touch and have the same issue as described above. I don't know if this happens with Safari on a normal machine (either MacOS or Windows). In either case, I think it would be beneficial to support mobile devices.

Last edited by Excalibur; 10-16-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM
RM-Tryllel

I, too, support this. Glad to see I'm not the only one having difficulties. Some other facebook apps already have their own iPhone versions available and I would love to see this one become available as one, too. It'd make playing Castle Age a whole lot more fun and less frustrating for us iPhone/iPod users.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Acolyte

I can get behind this IF it is linked to my facebook game. I say this because I play Mafia Wars and saw that they made an iPhone app. So I downloaded it and it is a totally different game. I started playing, but you have to know people who have an iPhone/iPod Touch and play the game as well to do many of the quests. =/

I think this would be easy to do because, as far as I know, all the player info is saved to a server that isn't run by facebook. So you just need some MySQL queries and you should be good. Or whatever programing language you would need to call on the info. =)

- Dustin
Old 10-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Castle Age Scholar

Unfortunately, it's not that cut-n-dry since Castle Age uses the Facebook API for it's userbase. That means that somehow, the game would have to connect to Facebook's servers in order to authenticate players.

I don't know if it'd be easy to do or not. I'd definitely rather have an app that's tied to my FB account but I'd still play even if it wasn't. Playing through mobile Safari is a PItA.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Adventurer

Default Castle Age no longer works on iPhone

I attempted to load CA on my iPhone this morning to play on the way to work. The page wouldn't load. There must have been an update overnite since I was playing yesterday on the way home. Bummer.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Castle Age Scholar

Bump. It's always nice to have more players to chain
Old 04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Adventurer

Well, you can play if you can find a link to the game (CTA and whatnot) from the facebook app, but it's very difficult through the interface. I would love to see CA come up with something to make play on the go available.

I'd be nuts over this idea, even be willing to pay for the app.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM
countach

Default ifox for facebook apps?

I read that the app store will soon have firefox. It won't be called firefox, but ifox. What interests me in this is that using firefox (ifox) instead of safari would let you use flash and java making it easier to load php coded facebook apps/games. I can't wait for this as there are numerous apps/games on facebook I'd love to play on the go like on the bus or just at work..hehe.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by countach View Post
I read that the app store will soon have firefox. It won't be called firefox, but ifox. What interests me in this is that using firefox (ifox) instead of safari would let you use flash and java making it easier to load php coded facebook apps/games. I can't wait for this as there are numerous apps/games on facebook I'd love to play on the go like on the bus or just at work..hehe.
I think whoever told you this was lying.